DOT is seeking a talented, creative, self-starting individual to drive its stakeholder relations within its International Partnerships team. Reporting to the Director, International Partnerships, the Stakeholder Relations Specialist will play a key role in supporting the CEO at speaking engagements, participation in high-level meetings with Global Affairs Canada and multilateral organizations, and building and maintaining relationships with stakeholders. The incumbent will ensure that DOT is effectively represented at major international conferences and partnership networking events that are strategic to DOT’s interests.
As an ideal candidate for this role, you are a recent MBA graduate with a keen interest in the field of social enterprise in an international development context. You are an exceptionally skilled writer, and generally a great communicator and relationship-builder. You are organized, engaging and highly professional, with a strong spirit of community service and a passion for the role of youth in creating a better world.
- Support the CEO with research and preparation for attendance at global events, in coordination with the DOT Digital Communications Team. The CEO plays an active role with the World Economic Forum, the Schwab Foundation and other world bodies committed to the Sustainable Development Goals;
- Preparation of material for speaker appearances and panel discussions, including Board of Directors meetings;
- Capable of representing the CEO at international events and stakeholder sessions;
- Supports the Director of International Partnerships as a member of the Partnership Development team;
- Supports donor and partnership engagement, particularly in Canada and the US;
- Performs research and develops briefs and landscape reviews on topics relevant to DOT’s partnership, fundraising, and growth strategies;
- Supports the drafting of the corporate business development and fundraising strategy;
- Participates in the writing and editing of concept notes, proposals and materials required for fundraising and government/corporate partnership development;
- Coordinates due diligence of prospective donors and the management of partner agreements.
- A university degree in international development, business, or a closely related field. An MBA is highly desirable;
- International development experience and social enterprise experience is highly desirable;
- Experience with donor engagement/bid writing processes is highly desirable;
- Strong proficiency in digital tools such as G Suite and social media systems and channels;
- Excellent communications skills – written, verbal, graphical/visual and social media;
- Creative and imaginative;
- Excellent research skills with the ability to synthesize and summarize knowledge quickly and communicate it clearly to diverse audiences;
- Proven interpersonal and intercultural skills and sensitivity, including the ability to work respectfully with global cross-cultural colleagues;
- Team player with the ability to work in a diverse, virtual, peer-to-peer environment;
- Self-starter and able to manage multiple priorities in a shifting environment;
- Keen to solve problems and engage with analytical opportunities;
- Responsive, with a sense of urgency and the ability to meet deadlines;
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy;
- Willing and able to secure entry visas and to travel when required to DOT’s countries of operation and expansion in the UK, Africa and the Middle East.
What DOT Offers:
- Salary: $55,000 – $65,000, commensurate with experience;
- Competitive benefits package;
- Opportunities for professional growth and development;
- Opportunity to work with a dynamic international team committed to youth and systems change.
Please apply through our posting on Charity Village, available here and also available by clicking the “Apply Now” button below.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
DOT is an equal opportunity employer and accommodates people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.