DOT is seeking an experienced and dynamic professional to join our team as a Senior Manager, Program Design. This is a full-time, permanent position with flexible working arrangements and comprehensive benefits. Reporting to the Senior Director, Project Operations, this is a hands-on position that will be responsible for the development of DOT programming, with particular emphasis on digital skills development, entrepreneurship training, life skills development, and virtual delivery modalities.
You are a problem-solver with excellent people and communication skills who thrives in a fast-paced, start-up environment. You should be self-directed and team-oriented, able to work with project managers, developers, and facilitators to help plan, design, create, write, deliver, and maintain concise, learner-centred program experiences. You understand the diverse needs of our multicultural learners and are able to deliver useful, usable learning designed to meet those needs. This is a challenging opportunity to join a highly motivated international team and make a difference in the world!
Team Management and Capacity Development:
- Manage and develop/coach Program Design staff and consultants;
- Develop the capacity of DOT local country teams (Africa, Middle East) to design, develop and deliver program components, in particular serving virtual modalities;
- Support the introduction of new programming to local offices that are responsible for program implementation and assist in the onboarding of program delivery staff.
Best Practice and Research Analysis:
- Maintain up-to-date awareness and knowledge of current research and best practice in experiential program design and delivery, with emphasis on virtual modalities;
- Ensure that DOT programming responds to the research and is grounded in contextualized best practice;
- Coordinate the dissemination and sharing of best practices related to program design and delivery across the DOT network.
Coordinate Program Design:
- Coordinate the analysis of learning needs in collaboration with DOT’s Measurement, Analysis, Research, and Learning (MERL) team and the local country offices;
- Apply effective instructional design and learning methods, in collaboration with the DOT team members and representative learners, to identify learning objectives, requirements of specific target audiences and direct links to outcomes.
- Lead the articulation of the linkages of program activities to project outcomes;
- Coordinate design and development of new program activities;
- Support the localization/customization/adaptation of program activities to ensure relevance and effectiveness in local country contexts.
- Coordinate the transfer of new programming to project operations and local country teams that are responsible for implementation;
- Support the integration of program content on appropriate platforms and through appropriate delivery methods.
- Assist MERL in the alignment of measurement tools with program design and project outcomes;
- Continuously monitor learner results, user satisfaction and user participation retention to determine program modifications and enhancements;
- Develop mechanisms to capture and share learning outcomes within the DOT network;
- Develop and maintain processes for program quality assurance.
- Champion sharing of localized program content across the network and lead on management of centralized repository;
- Ensure that the DOT network is adequately informed about program design and development activities;
- Participate, as the program design subject matter expert, in the development of funding proposals and project implementation activities;
- As required, maintain oversight over relevant intellectual property.
- Undergraduate degree, or relevant experience, in education, instructional design, virtual learning or related discipline;
- Proficiency in English;
- 5+ years experience developing educational materials, ideally in the adult learning and/or international development space;
- 5+ years of management experience;
- Experienced leading on program development for a range of delivery modalities such as online, face-to-face, hybrid;
- Professional experience working with e-learning content development tools, e.g. Adobe Captivate, Articulate Rise 360, etc.
- Experience in the development of courses and the support of learners in Moodle or other similar LMS;
- Working familiarity with the Google Suite toolset;
- Experience managing and/or developing the capacity of staff;
- Experience working both independently and in a diverse team environment;
- Proven effective writing and communication skills;
- Operates from stated objectives and formulate plans, activities and resources that deliver results;
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability for results.
- Experience starting and running a business is particularly valuable, given some program development emphasis on supporting young entrepreneurs;
- Ability in a second language, ideally relevant to Africa and/or the Middle East;
- Experience in UX design;
- Experience working with teams based in Africa and/or the Middle East.
What DOT Offers:
- Salary: $$70,000 – $85,000, however this will be commensurate with skills and experience.
- Competitive benefits package.
- Opportunities for professional growth and development.
- Opportunity to make a real difference in the developing world.
- Opportunity to work with a dynamic International team committed to youth and systems change.
Please submit all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Senior Manager, Program Design”.
In addition to your resume, please include a cover letter in your application. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications are due on June 11, 2021.
DOT values diversity and is committed to fostering an environment of inclusion and cross-cultural sensitivity. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities. DOT accommodates people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please indicate your need for accommodations in your application.