DOT is seeking an experienced and dynamic professional to join our team on a 1-year parental leave contract as a Project Manager. This is a full time, contract position with flexible working arrangements.
Reporting to the Director, Program Operations, the Project Manager will be responsible for leading, coordinating and supporting project planning, implementation and reporting across the DOT network. The Project Manager will also contribute to the management of project risk, the development of project management practices and tools, and coordinating a multi-functional project team.
The successful candidate will possess strong report writing acumen, a spirit for community service and share DOT’s passion for the role of youth in creating a better world.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Lead the development of high-quality project reports, coordinating and synthesizing inputs from country and functional teams;
- Support the capacity development of staff through coaching, mentoring and training;
- Provide support and guidance on project management and implementation where needed;
- Coordinate the development and monitoring of Project Implementation Plans and Annual Work plans in collaboration with other stakeholders, and in line with approved project proposals;
- Lead the regular convening project stakeholders to monitor timelines, share information on progress, identify potential issues and develop appropriate mitigation measures;
- Support the capturing and dissemination of lessons learned, amongst project stakeholders using a variety of mediums and integrate into organizational learning;
- Support the analysis and monitoring of project spending against approved budgets;
- Ensure the integration of the project’s gender equality strategy into project plans, budgets, activities and approaches in collaboration with Gender Officers and project stakeholders;
- Contribute to project proposal development;
- Facilitate communications across and throughout the DOT network in relation to project planning, implementation, and reporting including but not limited to country program managers, learning officers, gender officers, and M&E officers;
- Work directly with key HQ project staff to ensure alignment with project plans and milestones.
- Must have a college diploma or university degree in international development or a related field. A master’s degree is an asset;
- Strong writing skills with a proven track record of developing quality project reports and documents;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and experience working in a cross-cultural environment;
- Strong knowledge of Results Based Management approaches and methodologies;
- Experience managing and implementing projects with a gender equality perspective across all tasks;
- 4 – 6 years experience working on international development projects, experience in Africa and/or MENA an asset;
- Second language skills an asset – particularly French or Arabic;
- Team player with the ability to work in a diverse environment with multiple stakeholders;
- Manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced and shifting environment;
- A self-starter who is able to work with minimal day-to-day direction;
- Think critically, creatively and innovatively to bring value across the multiple teams engaging in the project;
- Work collaboratively across countries and functional teams.
What DOT Offers:
- Competitive salary and benefits package;
- Opportunities for professional growth and development;
- Opportunity to make a real difference for youth and women around the world;
- Opportunity to work with a dynamic international team committed to youth and systems change.
To apply, please click the “Apply Now” button below and apply through our job posting on the Charity Village website.
Please include a copy of your resume and cover letter in your application. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
DOT is an equal opportunity employer and accommodates people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.