We are looking for a Finance Officer to join our team. This is a full-time position in a creative environment with a supportive and collaborative international team based out of our Ottawa office. We offer a flexible working arrangement and the opportunity for professional growth and development.
The successful candidate will apply their skill and experience to support DOT’s operational accounting function, ideally with an appreciation for international development. You possess a strong spirit for community service and share DOT’s passion for the role of youth in creating a better world.
- Responsible for processing accounts payable, including entering invoices into the accounting system, ensuring that adequate documentation and approvals are maintained, processing payments, and reconciling supplier statements;
- Respond to internal client and vendor inquiries;
- Review employee expense reports and remittances, ensuring that all supporting documentation is complete and accurate, and that expenditures have been approved in accordance with the Organization’s policies;
- Prepare certain balance sheet reconciliations, including but not limited to bank accounts, investments, corporate credit cards, accounts receivable, and accounts payable;
- Uploading data into the accounting system;
- Assist with audit and funding application processes as required.
- College Certificate or Diploma in Finance, Business Administration or a related field;
- Accounting experience within an NFP environment would be an asset;
- Must be eligible to work in Canada;
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated flexibility in prioritizing tasks in order to fulfill duties and meet deadlines;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, with Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel;
- Must be a team player with the ability to work in a diverse environment;
- Experience with a cloud-based accounting system in a multi-location, multi-currency environment is desirable but not a requirement;
- Commitment to learning and ability to work independently.
What DOT Offers:
- Competitive salary and benefits package;
- Salary range $40,000-$50,000 annually – commensurate with experience;
- Opportunities for professional growth and development;
- Opportunity to work with a dynamic International team committed to youth and systems change.
Please apply through our posting on Indeed, available here and also available by clicking the “Apply Now” button below.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
DOT is an equal opportunity employer and accommodates people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.